When you’re faced with a mountain of junk that you need to get rid of, junk removal services are the best solution. In most cases, you might simply don’t have the time to load up your car or rent a pickup truck and make multiple trips to the nearest dump.
Don’t fret! Private and commercial junk removal services from West Coast Property Maintenance are available to take on the onerous task on your behalf.
Junk Removal Costs in Los Angeles
There are many factors that go into junk removal cost estimates, but the average cost for Los Angeles junk removal services is $245 to $268. The type of accommodation makes a difference; for example, single-family home junk removal costs an average of around $200, while the average cost for apartment removal is around $250.
Typically, junk removal companies base their rates on the type or size of items to be taken away, the number of truckloads required, or the time taken. One full-size truckload of unwanted belongings is usually equal to four pickup truckloads.
Some junk hauling services include things like recycling in their cost of removal services, while others include recycling in their additional charges.
Many professional junk removal companies have a minimum charge.
Average Truckload Cost Estimates
Businesses spend an average of around $500 for junk removal services. This usually occurs when businesses are moving premises, extending premises, or upgrading all their equipment. A good number to work with is around $1.50 per cubic foot.
- A minimum load of 60 cubic feet costs $70 – $100
- A quarter truckload of 80 – 120 cubic feet costs $100 – $150
- Half a load of 180 – 240 cubic feet costs $200 – $300
- A three-quarter load of 300 – 360 cubic feet costs $300 – $380
- A full load of 420 – 480 cubic feet costs $400 – $450
Is It Necessary To Be At Home During Junk Removal?
Another great benefit provided by some junk removal businesses is pickup while clients are elsewhere. In this instance, the agreement should be for curbside pickup. You take all of the unwanted items out to the curb, where the removal company can easily collect them without any input from you.
However, if you need help with large, heavy junk items, you really ought to be at home while the process is going on. Some junk removal companies offer attic or basement cleanout services. You should also be at home while this is going on in case the removers need clarification about which items are being taken away.
In general, you can choose between two types of junk removal:
- Truck hauling – Junk haulers have their own trucks capable of holding vast volumes of junk.
- Dumpster rental – Junk removal companies drop off a dumpster, which you fill over a pre-determined time. Once you’re done, the company returns to collect the dumpster and take it away for you.
What Items Will Junk Haulers Take Away?
Junk hauling companies dispose of the most common items found in households and businesses.
As a rule, junk removal companies don’t remove hazardous waste or electronic waste. You need a specialist junk removal business experienced in the safe and proper disposal of hazardous material and e-waste.
Items accepted include the following:
- Indoor and outdoor unneeded furniture (three-piece sectional couch or sofa: $210 – $375)
- Mattresses (queen/king: $70 – $100)
- Small and major appliance removal (washing machine and dryer: $70 – $200)
- Heavy appliances, including refrigerators
- Exercise machines and other equipment
- Outdoor play and maintenance equipment (lawnmower $70 – $90)
Yard waste disposal costs can be anything from $50 to $550. It depends on the material, the junk by volume, and the ease of access. For example, picking up waste at the curb vs. assisting with overall yard cleanup.
Some junk removal professionals will even remove hot tubs for between $100 and $150.
Items not accepted include the following:
- Pesticides and other toxic materials
- Oil, fuel, and gasoline
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Fireworks and ammunition
- Household hazardous waste
- Open cans of paint
- Anything containing asbestos
Specialized Junk Removal Services
Hazardous waste removal is calculated on a weight or item basis. Depending on the material, you’re looking at an average of $1 to $10 per item. Solid waste removal can cost up to $150. Construction waste removal can cost an average of $225, depending on the material.
Due to the high toxicity of e-waste, removal and disposal must abide by national and international laws and regulations. Costs vary considerably, so it’s difficult to calculate an average.
Landscaping and construction debris removal prices also vary considerably. For yard debris removal costs, expect anything from $100 to $800.
Factors Affecting Junk Removal Prices
A lot of direct and indirect factors affect cost estimates from junk removal companies, including the following:
- Load size and weight, and type of item affect removal costs, but that’s not all that goes into calculating prices.
- Labor: In line with industry standards. If private junk removal companies need additional labor to remove your junk, the cost will be higher
- Loading time: The longer it takes to load a truck with junk, the higher the cost
- Specific disposal fees at landfills, dumping, and recycling centers
- Hazardous waste fees
- Vehicle-related costs: Loan repayments, insurance, gas, and distance
- Admin costs: Bookkeeping, general overheads, and marketing
Get Started With a Quote Today
When you’re looking for a junk removal company to haul away your unwanted junk, always check their methods of disposal. You want professional junk removers with eco-friendly values. These companies will sort through your junk for recyclable materials, items for donation, and dumping.
If you’re in the market for private or commercial junk removal services, contact West Coast Property Maintenance for a quote!